412.431.4224  |  Send Message

title icon

Mold vs Mould – is there a difference?

Mold vs Mould

Yes there is a difference but not so much in the meaning but in the spelling.

Mold is the American spelling for all senses of the word meaning, among other things, (1) a frame for shaping something, (2) to shape in a mold, and (3) any of various fungi that commonly grow on organic matter and are often associated with decay. Mould is the British spelling. American English has no mould, and British English has no mold.

Australian and Canadian English favor the British spelling, though mold is fairly common in Canadian publications.

We prefer the spelling Mould, as seen in our logo’s tag line and all our brochures.

It’s a preference not a right or wrong. Preferring the British spelling, maybe because we have a Brit who is part of our team here at the yard, or maybe it signifies to us a difference between mold – any of the fungi or mould – shape, form, design, or pattern. Since we have the most extensive moulding line in the Pittsburgh area, over 300 profiles.

Moulding is an affordable way to add a design factor to your home, bringing life to plain box like rooms to rooms with character.

As our tag line states “Moulding your life” that’s what we strive to do, help add shape, form, design to a big part of your life, your home!

Call us today and one of our sales representatives can start “Moulding your life”…